Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 25 January 2014

CJS2014: Is there such a thing as too many pen pots?

My Creative Jump Start 2014 project I have to show you today is from Stephanie Schutze's video on tin decor.
 


I started off using the technique we were shown on the video which was, after spraying baked beans tins with Liquitex spray paint (my very first time using spray paints!) to stamp on stencilled and misted paper but for some reason my images wouldn't show up.  I used black Stazon and even tried reinking it but still no joy.   So, what I ended up doing was using a bit of the waste paper that I had sprayed the mist on to create my sea on my water brushes pot (right of this picture).
The backs shown here are my favourite side, I'm not all that keen on the fronts! 
I then paper pieced lots of other appropriately themed stamped images and drew around all the details with a Sharpie pen.  I also sponged on the clouds on the water brush pot and added a real tape measure to the Homework pens container.  

Can you have too many pen pots?  Obviously not! I needed another one just for my water brushes so they don't get mixed up with the other pens I have in pots:
Which, together with that other pencil container that my husband and I made a few months back:
...makes quite a collection on my crafting table.  

I enjoyed making these baked bean pen pots and quite fancy the idea of making lots more with different themes.  Think I'd have to give them away though, I may just have enough!

Thank you for looking at my project today, hope you are enjoying your weekend,
Nicky {Creative Flourishes}

1 comments:

Carmen said...

Love your baked bean pots and - as I keep telling Craig when I save yet another Marmite jar - there's always pens and brushes need a home ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails