Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 9 August 2012

New Pages in Ireland Travel Journal

Yay, the weather is finally picking up!  We had a fun time today at Coombe Abbey and the Memorial Park in Coventry (with a fun children's water play area) in glorious sunshine.  Hubby is off this week for his firm's annual holiday so has been able to transport us out and about.  

In the evening yesterday I got another couple of pages done in my Travel Journal about our holiday in Ireland.  And this is them:
(Click picture to enlarge)

It documents the boys having a short pony ride along a quiet country lane - in the rain, naturally.  I walked alongside taking pictures.  At one stage we saw a massive hare on the road in front of us.  Pesky thing dashed out of the way sharpish before I had chance to take a photo.  

Again I used my messy gesso background technique, layering it quite thick because I so like the texture that it creates. 
The green horseshoes were made individually with a punch.  I drew around each and added details with a fine black pen.  I'm a bit impatient and kept clogging up the nib because I didn't let the gesso dry properly first, oops!

 I love this picture of the boys, looking a bit nervous before the ride:

They have had their hair cuts now, we took them to have them done yesterday.  The older one, Ryan, said that 'he was going to wear a hat to school!' lol.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky

3 comments:

cheryl said...

oh these are brilliant pages hun,super layouts and great photos,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic pages. I ruined my ultra-fine drawing pen this week by not waiting for gesso and paint to dry properly. Nearly fainted at the cost of a replacement!

Have a great weekend

Claire x

Carmen said...

Guilty here too - just can't wait.

Love these pages, you really get a feel for the day :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails