Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 5 January 2012

Layers on my Painting

In my last post I showed you the painting I was doing as part of a Strathmore online course.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do the layering then, but this is what I did to it:
We weren't meant to put so much white on it - using a corrector pen - but once I started adding it I couldn't stop.  Over the last two days I did leave it alone, thinking maybe it was finished... but  then came back to it later and added more! 
This was how it was:
and this is how it finished up:
The page is a bit curled around the edges because I used acrylic paint and it was only 150gsm paper.

The course has probably moved on since I was doing this, so I'd better go and see what I need to do next!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

That loks amazing - I love it! x

Carmen said...

It's totally you! Not saying you are crazy and in your face or anything LOL! Am going to have to go look at this course - have you seen Sam's take on it? http://luna-luna1.blogspot.com/2012/01/strathmore-artist-workshops-they-are.html So different the pair of you but both so inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails