Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Christmas Craft - Chocolate Mint Decorations

My readers from the craft forum of Moneysavingexpert.com will probably recognise these christmas decorations made simply using card, stickers and some creative doodling.


You can see from this picture that they aren't flat, they are a mint chocolate and cardboard 'sandwich.' 
The mints inside are wrapped chocolate mints called 'Elizabeth Shaw' Crisp Mints and they are glued inside the punched scallop shapes with some temporary glue dots.

The card scalloped circles have a smaller punched circle stuck on the outside, which is decorated with stickers or a stamped image:

(This design is thanks to Helen of the Itsallfiddlefart blog)
The lettering, snow and the spots around the outside were doodled before putting the decoration together.

I made these at my craft group today - I was going to make them last year but I scoffed all the mints before they became decorations I hadn't got the correct size of punches! ☺

Thanks for looking today and for any comments,
qwiksave

3 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

They are very fab! Kim

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Clever idea, although I imagine most of them would get gobbled up pretty quickly in my house!

Home ornaments and ink said...

This is very cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails