Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 26 September 2011

A Scissor Storage Rack & Bookmark

In case you were wondering, I haven't left the country, I've just been encountering a few personal problems at home.  Nothing too drastic, more to do with jobs, or to be more precise, the lack of.   Tomorrow I'm even being 'sent to Coventry' (literally!)  to do a word processing course that will be for a few hours a week.  I'm not totally convinced it's what I need, but it will be a start to get me 'out there', I suppose...

I've just done a couple of mini crafts this week, the first one being another one of those personalised photo bookmarks.  This is one that I have made for my friend's daughter:
The individual coloured letters can be found on flickr (in sets) for free.  You just import them individually into any graphics program, such as Word, resize them and when done, print off and stick onto a card background.  After laminating, you punch a hole in the top of the cardboard, thread a ribbon through and tie.  This was a simple craft that didn't take very long.  I found that choosing, and then rechoosing, the letters I wanted to use from flickr is what took me the most time.

The other craft I made was this:
A scissor/tool rack for my craft room wall. 
  For this I simply bought a new cake rack (charity shop, £1.25), and hung my scissors and other tools onto some Ikea hooks that I also managed to purchase from a charity shop for just £1.   I'm sure, after a good rummage, I would be able to find lots of other crafty tools that would  also benefit from being hung onto this very simple, but also very useful, storage rack.


Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Thank you so much for stopping by today,
qwiksave

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails