Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 6 March 2011

A Doodle Inspirational Journal

There is quite a bit of excitement in Blogland about a 'stick-everything-in-it' book due to come out soon from EK Success/K & Company called a 'SMASH'.  It was promoted at this Winter's Los Angeles CHA show and there is a video about it on youtube here.  Meanwhile, I have made a start at making my own simplified version. 

These are my first two introductory pages:

Created using just my Versafine Stamp Pad, some stamps (Bo Bunny & American Crafts) and my Sharpie pen (plus the odd fingerprint & yogurt pot that I also used for stamping!)

The whole book isn't all going to be Black & White or like this, I just did these two pages in this style so that I would lose that scary 'white page syndrome'and set the book's theme to be 'FUN,''MESSY' and 'RANDOM'. I think I'm going to enjoy filling in this book! 

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

K said...

WOW! thats gorgeous Nicky

furrypig said...

I have loved everything that I have seen of those new books so dar Nicky so really impressed to see your own version... really fab!!

Carmen said...

Erm... just looked at the Smash book linky... isn't it just an art journal... or a scrap book? Blimey and I bet they'll charge something for it too.


Love yours, original and totally you! Love that you wanted to be a cartoonist too :P

Anonymous said...

I realy like your doodles, i find it so hard to doodle :-P

Anonymous said...

I love your doodles...i find it so hard to doodle!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails