Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 16 December 2010

Present for a Classmate

What a disasterous day craftwise for me - I've done 3 crafts tonight and they all ended in disaster, so I can't show you those - no, really I can't!

But just so I've got some sort of picture to liven up my post, can I show you the craft I made today with my eldest for his friend Megan?
It's a framed postcard (from Paperchase) mounted on yellow card with some patterned cardboard buttons (from the US, Etsy).
Since this picture was taken we also added glossy accents to the buttons and stuck down some star confetti.
I did suggest he wrote 'with love from Ryan', but there was no way he was going to do that! ;-)
Megan loves pandas and the colour yellow, apparently.  I have been searching everywhere for a yellow panda with no success, so this is why we went for this.

They've actually known each other all their lives (all 10 of them!) as her mother and I met when we played in our local samba band all those years ago.  They went along to the same playgroups and were at the same preschool.  They are now in the same class in their last year at Primary School.  We are not sure if they will end up at the same High School next year but I have dated this (2010) on the back, in case in years to come, Megan has held onto this, and remembers the boy who gave it her that she grew up with.

EDIT:  And here it is packaged up with homemade paper (stamped brown paper see this post here), along with some free postage theme labels from the very generous babalisme here)

I loved babalisme's labels so much I also used them on Megan's mum's pressie too:
(You may also recognise the handmade tag from this post here)

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Just gorgeous - I can well imagine it being treasured.

Love everything down to the packaging, am off to check out that link! Thanks Nicky :)

babalisme said...

Thank you so much for using my label and showcasing it here! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails