Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Gift Card Card

I found a great video tutorial for a different style of greetings card that you can add a shop gift card to.

This shows you the inside when you open it up:
There is a small card inside the bigger card that contains the gift voucher
...and this is how it looks closed (I used a temporary glue dot to keep the smaller card closed).

It's difficult to both photograph and describe so please take a look at the brilliant step by step video tutorial that was found on the elvie studio blog . The card is easier than it looks and should, in theory, only take 5 mins to make!

I've done mine in Autumn colours for a birthday coming up soon but I think it would make a great Christmas voucher card using christmas themed papers.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Liberty :) said...

this is a great idea, i made some gift card holders last year and they looked great!

Florist said...

I love the idea. Nice one!

K said...

Oooo, brillant! I've been trying to think of ways to put money in a card for my nephews so I may nick this idea :)

Carmen said...

Looks fabulous! Great find :)

PepPop said...

Mmm Great idea. And yep I totally agree it would be fab done in Christmas colours. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails