Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 13 November 2010

Homemade Christmas Decorations

I've been looking at decorations and Christmassy items in shops again today and this time I took along my Christmas notebook.  I was sneaking into the corners of shops and drawing ideas, lol.

I've also been looking at ideas for things to put in my glass baubles that I got from a charity shop:
These icing silver balls worked great!
Very difficult to photograph, but this was a set of mini lights (like a teeny version of the lights you put on the tree).  They worked a bit, but as they are battery lights you would need to keep taking them out to turn them on and off.

One idea I did spot in a shop which I thought would be easy to make myself was this decorated twig:
I have attached self-adhesive holographic stars to the branches:
..which is a nice simple thing to do.  I even went out in the dark with a torch hunting for a windswept branch so I could make this tonight :-)  

Think it looks great and only costs pennies. Very MSE! ;-)

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Nicky Stevenson said...

Anybody spot the spider? lol

juliemarg said...

Hi, I'm Julie, publisher of the Learn Your Christmas Carols blog. I've published lyrics and videos to nearly 100 different popular, traditional, funny and obscure holiday songs and had over 25,000 visitors. I'd like to include links to recipes, decorations and crafts this year, and am wondering if you have any content you'd like to contribute? The only requirement would be a link back in your sidebar or footer. I'm asking you because I found some good holiday content on your site that deserves a wider audience. If you're interested, please email me at juliegallaher@gmail.com or tweet me at http://twitter.com/juliegallaher

Related Posts with Thumbnails