Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 3 October 2010

First Challenge Card

I've never got round to doing any blog challenges in the whole year (well just over 9 months) that I have been doing this blog so today I thought I'd have a go at  my very first one, the Creative Inspirations blog challenge.  There's a first time for everything!

The theme is a 'Get Well Soon' Card so here's mine:
Appropriate for the weather we've been getting lately!
Close ups:
I've used Promarkers and glossy accents on the girl and I hand drew the raindrops and frame.
I made an interesting background using Johnson's 'Klear' floor polish. In February I did a snow scrapbooking page (see here), using the same technique and loved the effect. 

To do this today I brushed over some silver card with the Klear polish:
and then painted over it with pearlescent acrylic paint:
More 'Klear' was added on top and then I scraped a pattern in it with a comb:
Which makes a lovely irridescent texture:
I know its not as sophisticated as a lot of the cards I see in Blogland, but I do like to make cards that are flat so they don't incur extra postal charges. 

I wish to enter this card into this challenge, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS (Challenge 44)

Thanks for looking and for any comments, they are always appreciated,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

7 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card - love the technique you've used. I keep meaning to try this out, maybe I will one day?! Good luck with the challenge. x

Unknown said...

Thats ace, what a good idea, very apt xx

cheryl said...

great card,love the technique you have used, thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations,this week love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

PepPop said...

I love the background - it looks brilliant! Love the image too. Good luck with the challenge. Jaqui x

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful technique, thanks for the mini tutorial. Nice image too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Suzi x

Autumn said...

A fabulous technique! Love your sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
xxAutumn

jude said...

Lovely card and what fab technique.Thanks for joining us over at creative Inspirations this week.Hope to see you sunday with anew challenge .
Good luck
judex

Related Posts with Thumbnails