Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 9 October 2010

Finished Anniversary Canvas

It's Saturday lunchtime and  I thought I'd pop on here before I go to my inlaws to show you the finished Anniversary canvas:
I added some vintage buttons, gold scroll peeloffs for the corners, pearl gems and some gold paint for the edging.  I covered it all in 3 layers of Modge Podge.

My childen have been trying to work out which relative the people on the picture are. Some look so different (well it has been 50 years!) that we will need to ask.

Have a good weekend,
Thank you for any comments,
qwiksave

6 comments:

dizzytina said...

Wow that is stunning well done. I have just got into modge podge and its addictive! x

furrypig said...

it looks great think I might need to invest in modge podge for some ideas I have!!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

That looks fab. Well worth the effort. x

Carmen said...

Gorgeous - I bet it was really well received :D

I keep seeing mention of modge podge - how is it different from other glues? (I'm accumulating pots of glue almost as fast as tubes of paint :P)

Nicky Stevenson said...

Hi Carmen, Modge Podge is a glue and varnish all in one - a bit like PVA but more expensive. It's meant to be able to withstand tough treatment and is used a lot in decoupage projects.

I've got lots of glues too! ;-)

PepPop said...

Fantastic finishing touches. Gorgeous!! Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails