Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 29 October 2010

Altered Art Shopping

Today I have a shopping post (as well as a craft). I have not had a shopping post in oh-such-a-long time and felt that both you and I were long overdue. Oh, and what a treat I got today! I had to contain myself from shrieking and jumping up and down in the shop.

There it was. Casually sitting on a display table, minding its own business in the charity shop.
This:
OMGoodness! A practically brand new, fabarooni Claudine Hellmuth collage/altered art book for just £1.50!! Regular followers may remember I got her previous book from a charity shop earlier in the year, for £1.85. I am determined to get more into altered art/journalling and this drawing/collage-y style of Claudine's is so my kind of thing. Woo ... and breathe...

Yesterday, I went to Warwick and bought this back for altering (cost £3.40) - on the bus!:

The things we do for our craft!

On a 'normal purchase level,' I also bought this fab file (£4):

..which is great for putting my printouts from the 'True Stories' getting-back-to-writing e-course I'm doing at the moment.

My craft tonight was a Claudine Hellmuth inspired picture:

The violinist is being oh-so-serious playing her violin that she just had to be wearing very silly clothes and the out-of-tune notes add to the tone, I mean theme!

Thanks for reading and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

3 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow you had a fab day yesterday. It must have been your lucky day! Congrats on your win over at the Craft Barn. x

Carmen said...

You must have a crafter in your area who has regular clear outs *g* What a find! And that tray! Wow!

Love your picture - did make me grin!

PepPop said...

Great finds - can we swap charity shops please? Love the collage - very Monty Python :) Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails