Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 16 August 2010

Household Creativity

It's back to my creative posts again now after my bit of fun the weekend! 

You can never tell what it will be that can give you inspiration for your art.  You can be inspired by bits and pieces you have around you at home, in the garden, right where you are sitting now.

I was inspired to make this picture by a table we have in our hallway that we keep our post on!:

The table doesn't look like this normally, I've been doing some of my Picnik (free photo editing program) jiggery pokery.

It is just a normal antiquey looking table that I inherited and it has my favourite arty motif carved into its surface.  I am talking about Swirls! :-)

This is what part of it normally looks like:
It's really lovely as it is, but it also has such creative potential!

I've had fun with changing the images I've taken of this table tonight, all with just a few clicks of the mouse!:


 

Which turned out great! (Some of these effects may be 'Subscription Only' features of Picnik) 

I did a couple without writing too
(click to enlarge):
So many different looks!  Wish I could master Photoshop, then there would be no stopping me!

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

6 comments:

Uma said...

looks very elegant

Gem said...

very creative Nicky! :) X

Carmen said...

Gorgeous. Love the effects you've created here Nicky. Are the ridges on the table too deep to take rubbings off of? Something else you could have a play with :P

Nicky Stevenson said...

Strange you should mention that Carmen, that is the first thing I tried to do with it. Its only marginally successful - I used wax crayon and made a rubbing. It might look better if I add some watercoloured paint on it. One to try..

Thanks crafters!

Kandi said...

Oooh I really like this look, that table is wonderful!
Kandi x

PepPop said...

Don't you just love playing about with photo editing software, one click and it changes completely. Have you checked out the free tutorials for photoshop on the web - I've got a great link. If you want me to send it to you let me know. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails