Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 5 June 2010

England Flag Magnet

Thank you for all your messages of support yesterday everybody, really appreciate you are  there supporting me.  It really helps to know I have 'fans' ;-)

I have just done a simple craft tonight because I watched the final of  'Britain's Got Talent'.  Quite impressed with the winning gymnastic group but would quite have liked the two boys who came second to win.

For my craft, I have made an England fridge magnet, in preparation for the World Cup:


I cut chipboard to size, painted it with white acrylic paint and then stuck on some thin sellotape for the red stripes.  On the sellotape I poured on some red glitter embossing powder and heated it. I was considering putting some white glitter on the white bits but haven't done so yet. Not sure about that?  A simple magnet was stuck on the back.

As you can see, we have quite a few magnets on our fridge!:
Neither of my boys (or my husband) are into football in our house, but I'm sure we will get caught up in the fever that is the World Cup.  Everybody will be talking about it and flags will be everywhere, there will be no avoiding it.  My brothers are into football and they are visiting us tomorrow along with my sister and her little boy, it will be great to catch up, we haven't all got together for nearly 2 years.  Luckily I won't have to cook, we are going to 'Frankie and  Bennys.'

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Like your magnet! My fridge is covered in kiddie magnets too, every week I take them off and clean the door and try to leave a few off but I feel guilty and stick em all back up!
Kandi x

Unknown said...

I love the England flag. Even though I`m welsh..... I miss my magnets, since we moved house everythings in the cupboard, fridge freezer, washing machine. But I love yours xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails