Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 24 May 2010

Recycled Project

The craft I made tonight  is from here. (including full instructions)

A box  made from just one recycled envelope!  Clever, eh?

I am interested in recycling and reusing and I rather like the idea of making use out of all those junk mail envelopes we accumulate.

OK, I shall confess, my box, made out of a VAT envelope is a bit more crumpled than theirs, want to see it?  Promise not to laugh?  Here you go then!

 
Obviously this is the reverse side, and this photo turned out reasonably in focus...

I shall just have to face it, origami is not my strong point! lol

*****

On another note, we had a strange bird in our garden today.  It had a red bit on its head and some yellow plumage (not shown on this pic)
Anybody any idea what it is?
I was quite excited, thinking it was something exotic and rare but I know nothing about birds and its probably something quite common.  If you know, please tell me in the comments. 

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

3 comments:

Nicky Stevenson said...

I asked on MSE and apparently the bird is a Goldfinch.

MSE is a mine of information!

qwiksave x

Gem said...

what a fab idea for re-using an envelope! I must try that one out, thanks for sharing ;) xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Mine did work as a box, it just looks a bit wonky. I also jiggled the instructions a bit though, maybe thats where I went wrong! Good luck Gemma!

Related Posts with Thumbnails