Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 23 May 2010

Finished Birthday Card

I think the sun took it out of me yesterday and I was too tired to finish off the card I started last night so I did it today instead. 

I used PVA glue to stick down the cake designs on the napkins which gave quite a professional effect, almost like an image transfer, but I encountered a problem.  The napkins I used must have been such poor quality (£1.50 for 20 from Tesco) that they were very delicate and ripped in places when being stuck down.  I had to use pencil crayons to disguise the rips.

For the middle section, I didn't use acetate in the end, I just stamped onto the card.
I used glitter paper underneath and coloured the cake in with a Sakura glitter pen .

The card was finished off with some messy 'shabby chic' handrawn lines.

* * * * *

My younger son woke me up this morning with this, that he had written on my notepad:

Awww!

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Awww, bless him. Card is fab too!
Kandi x

Crafty JuJu said...

Gorgeous card, I have those napkins too, there ace :) How sweet of your son too x

Related Posts with Thumbnails