Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 3 March 2010

A Start at Altering and a Cake Plate!

I'm like the rabbit on Alice & Wonderland tonight, 'I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late!'  I had just started getting into the flow of my work and I thought 'Aaah! Got to do blog!'

I have just started this... significant for me I think,'beginning' more of the type of work I like to do. Now I need to buy every Tim Holtz product out! :-O  (No, I didn't mean that, husband-of-mine if you are reading this from China!) Much as I'd love to...

As you can see its 'work in progress', the gloss on the letters isnt even dry yet! 

The gears are only laid on there at the moment, while I try to figure out a way to print them or maybe mask them through the Mist Sprayer...?  What type of ink though? The gears wouldn't even print using Stazon...
Underneath incidently I painted the blue using an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber and when that was dry painted over it with the 'Vintage Photo' Crackle Glaze. I heated it up with a heat gun for some lovely crackly texture.  I then used the Courdroy Distress Ink Pad around all the edges (as I've seen Tim do) with the felt applicator and then put  on a little of the gold 'Perfect Pearls' - I say little, as soon as I opened the pot it went everywhere so I had to add more than I intended!- it does give a lovely glittery effect though.  I then added the cutout letters which I have used sepia toned Glossy Accents on and..... well, thats about it so far, still got more to do on it so will go and continue.... (burning the Midnight Oil AGAIN!)

I also glued my plate to the candlestick for the cake stand that I have been talking about on MSE. Will show you that tomorrow...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails