Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 18 March 2010

Love in a Frame

Today's project is different from what I originally put on yesterday because I changed it this morning (Friday) .

I was quite pleased because I had got myself a lovely distressed looking frame for 50p from my usual sources - I don't know whether it was meant to look distressed or was genuinely old, but I think it was the former, because there was quite a swanky looking label on the back, y'know the type you see in 'designer' home shops.
This was the frame..
...that came with this print in it.

Yesterday I made a project with some pink flowers in it, but I really didn't like the end result so  I changed it to this:
I did my favourite technique of inking the edges and corners with Black Stazon and stamping with assorted flourish stamps:

Under there (on top of the pink background paper) I have also stuck a white doiley which I have rubbed with a black wax crayon to bring out the texture.

The heart and rubber stamped message I had done previously, using chalks.  I just ripped around the edges.
It's a lovely sentiment and the whole thing looks perfect in the distressed frame.  At a later date I may distress the frame even more.

All in all a much better result than the flowery picture I made yesterday! :-)

qwiksave x

2 comments:

Gem said...

wow this is fab, two of my favourite things, pink and hearts! :) xx

Carmen said...

What a gorgeous find, I bet it was only 50p because they thought it was knackered instead of deliberately made that way :P

Your artwork is gorgeous, love all the layers.

That other blog is fabulous isn't it? I can see me working my way through her classes ;) let me know if you take any, I'd love to see what you do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails