Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 26 January 2010

The end of the year

Woohoo Finally Finished!  Yes, the calendar I mean.  I've never done anything like this before so didn't know it would take this long, well I know now!   And yes, this last page has got lots and lots of shiny sequins on it too!:


One of the things that took so long was sticking each and every one of the sequins in place.  They may not look carefully placed but I assure you EVERY ONE was moved and shifted about at least a dozen times, looking for its perfect 'parking place!'  Not to mention the amount that kept trying to escape! I reckon I recovered half a box of sequins from the dining room floor and no doubt will keep finding many more in the weeks and months to come! 

This last page came about because I wanted to do a subtle representation of November (fireworks) and December rather than the obvious, even though both  are very visual events you could do a  lot with.  I also decided to tie it in with what I've done on the other pages.  November got an explosion of lots of colours and flower sequins representing firework bursts and December just got lots of red, green and gold. 


I like the end result (and think it looks better in the flesh than in the photos I've put on) but will be glad to be doing other stuff now, without sequins!

2 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Gorgeous calendar and I love all the bling! You have obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into it. A job well done!
Sylvia x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thank you for your kind comment Sylvia-Anne, very much appreciated - it had gone very quiet here and I felt like I was talking to myself! Enjoy your own crafting, qwiksave

Related Posts with Thumbnails