Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 28 January 2010

Cartoon Caricature

I don't very often do cartoons these days, but when I was little I used to  loved making up my own characters.  When I blog hop I am always seeing characters that have been rubber stamped and coloured in by the blogger and often think I would like to be that someone that invents those characters.  I wonder how you go about getting your drawings into the rubber stamp market?

Anyway, today I decided to have a go at  my long lost hobby of drawing as my craft.

Something I didn't do when I used to draw cartoons was caricatures but when I saw this year's school photo (they don't have to wear school uniform!) on our mantlepiece, I thought I would give it a try:

Here was what I did:

Poor Joshua (on the left), I know you're meant to exaggerate features but I think I got a bit carried away with his ears!  Oops...   Actually, Ryan's ears aren't right either..or his hair!  Never mind... .

This drawing doesn't seem to be much of a caricature, its more like a colouring book page, which is fine in its own way I supppose... Its also not like the cartoons I usually/used to do (see my Jan 1st entry) which  I think is the type I will get back to doing more of  soon...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails